Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles


I must say that I have been an avid follower of the Terminator trilogy for quite a while now. I remember watching Terminator 2 countless of times (more than 1o times, mind you) when I was little, the movie was that good. The special effects were mind breaking stuff for that time, the whole simulation of how liquid acted and the whole deformation process was just crazy for CG work (thank you ILM) at that time. And it was not just the eye-candy, the story was good, the characters had substance, it was the perfect mix of good directing/story/action/Arnold. Of course, all of this went down the crapper with Terminator 3, but hey lets try to block that out of our collective conscience...

When I heard that there was going to be an adaption of the Terminator universe for the TV, I felt excited but at the same a bit cautious as to what this would mean. A joint production between FOX Television and C-2 Pictures, "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" would tell the back story of Sarah, John, and everything that happened between T2 and T3. The premise sounded good, so how good is it?

Thanks to iTunes' free weekly slew of content, I was able to catch the Pilot episode (iTunes Store Link) the other day, I must say that I like what the show had to offer. The acting is good enough to passable and enjoyable, and the interaction between the characters is good. Of course you have a healthy dose of action and explosions which are always welcome. It was nice to see that some of the dialog lines pay a small homage to the movies: "Come with me, if you want to live!' (sans Austrian accent) and "Mom, we gotta go NOW!" come to mind.

After watching the Pilot and the first real episode, I gotta say that I am hooked on the series. Of course they are some weak points worth mentioning: -It's a shame none of the characters from the movies made an appearance on the TV show (thus far). The actress that portrays Sarah Connors, works but there's still something lacking to her. And finally, John resembles Agent Cody Banks, which pisses me off every time I think about it. Having said this, all of this forgotten once you start watching and start following the story of the Connors and the hot-looking Terminator. The story seems interesting has substance and shows a lot of promise for a good season.

So to wrap it up, "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" TV show is good, better than Terminator 3, not as good as Terminator 2, better than the original Terminator. If you are looking for something to watching check it out, you won't be dissapointed*.

*If you are a Terminator fan :)

Labels: , , ,


About this entry